Thursday Travels: Laverty FallsPosted: August 23, 2012
Note: This is a scheduled post. I am currently on a break from blogging, but decided to let this one go out since it was almost ready. All I had to do was fill in these bits about how I’m on a blog break before I went on my blog break. (There’s another bit later in the post.)
On our third day in New Brunswick, Canada, M and I went back to Fundy National Park to do some hiking. We started bright and early, and made our way to Laverty Falls. It’s a 2.5k hike one way (a 5k round trip), all of it through a lovely forest.
We’re not going to get as far as the waterfall in this post because I was so in love with the forest that I took a bazillion pictures of the trees and trail and wildflowers. I won’t post all bazillion of them. I promise.
The Laverty Falls trail has a difficulty rating of 2, which means “Moderate, not long, major hills, a snack might be nice.” That’s pretty accurate, although I don’t remember any major hills. We did enjoy a snack once we made it to the falls.
This is a scheduled post because, as you know, I’m currently taking a blog break and an at-home retreat. Hopefully I have been following the retreat guidelines I set up for myself.
Those guidelines include (but are not limited to):
- Talk little, walk much
- Rise early for yoga and meditation practice and to see the sunrise
- Chop wood, carry water (chores)
- Spend time outdoors
- Limit myself to taking no more than 10 photos per day
- One journal entry in the evening, 250 words or less
- Eat good food
- No blogging or peeking in on blogs (any bets on whether or not I’m following this one? lol!)
If you’re wondering why I want to be a woman of few words (and few images), see the quote I posted at the start of my post titled Three things. It’s a variation of what Kathy did in July, although I’m limiting the words in my journal rather than on my blog because I’m not blogging right now.
I really like the trail marker on this tree. It reminds me of my favorite hiking partner.
There he is, up ahead of me. You might notice a similarity between him and the trail marker.
This tree is amazing. Split, but still alive.
The thing to remember when traveling is that the trail is the thing, not the end of the trail. Travel too fast and you miss all you are traveling for.
~ Louis L’Amour
Well, the trail has certainly been the thing in this post. Thank you for visiting and joining me on the trail to Laverty Falls. Hopefully we’ll make it as far as the falls in the next edition of Thursday Travels.
I hope your week has been going well. See you soon, maybe! 🙂
- Thursday Travels: Mary’s Point (bogsofohio.wordpress.com)
- Thursday Travels: The Rocks of Cape Enrage (bogsofohio.wordpress.com)
- Thursday Travels: Back to Cape Enrage (bogsofohio.wordpress.com)
- Thursday Travels: A Picnic Lunch (bogsofohio.wordpress.com)
- Thursday Travels: Let’s go to the beach (bogsofohio.wordpress.com)
- Thursday Travels: Point Wolfe (bogsofohio.wordpress.com)