Tag… you’re It!Posted: February 20, 2012
I’ve been tagged by Sallyann in a game called “Mrs. Sparkly’s ten commandments.” I’ve seen this meme going around and Mrs. Sparkly has been described in various ways, all of them a mix between good and evil. Everyone seems to come up with their own good vs. evil characters so for me it’s Mary Poppins vs. Dolores Umbridge (ugh!). Both are stern characters in their way. Mary Poppins would, of course, lead me to participating by letting me learn for myself that it’s not only a good idea, but there is always a fun way to approach it. Dolores Umbridge, on the other hand, is a mean-spirited toad who would torture me to do it. Best go the Mary Poppins route, don’t you think? (I would probably have come up with characters from adult books if I hadn’t just been immersed in the world of Harry Potter.)
Before I get started on the meme, a little about the photos for this post. The first two are from around the house, just because. The rest are from Towner’s Woods Park. M and I went on a vacation-training hike yesterday. The idea is to get in shape for our vacation in June. We plan on doing a lot of hiking and it will go easier for us if we’re ready for it.
Back to the game of Tag. It seems Mrs. Sparkly is a Nosy Parker and insists that those who are tagged “It” answer ten questions about themselves (her “ten commandments”). So here goes…
1. Describe yourself in seven words. Curious, smart, slightly OCD (Sheldon, from The Big Bang Theory, is someone I can easily relate to), particular but hopefully not too persnickety, nature-loving tree-hugging hippie type even though I missed the hippie era by a couple of years, shy, and often quiet (I prefer listening over talking most of the time).
2. What keeps you up at night? Insomnia. Duh. Oh, you want a real answer to that? That is my real answer. Although I have some minor worries, they are things I really can’t do anything about so I don’t let them keep me awake at night. Sometimes aches and pains keep me awake, less so now that I’m practicing yoga on a daily basis. Plenty of exercise and fresh air, by the way, usually solves the insomnia problem. And when it doesn’t, I use the time to read or write or meditate.
3. Whom would you like to be? I’m pretty happy with who I am. There are times I wish I had a bit more ambition so I could make a go of it with my photography and earn a little extra money. I’ve never been particularly good at selling myself.
4. What are you wearing now? The usual. Jeans, long-sleeved t-shirt. I’ll be putting on my hiking boots soon for another vacation-training session in the woods.
5. What scares you? Oh gosh, all sorts of stuff. I’m afraid of driving, flying, and most means of travel that don’t involve my feet being in touch with the earth. I don’t allow those fears to take control and stop me from driving, flying, or other means of travel, but it’s always there in the background. Scary movies scare me. I used to love watching horror films. Not so much anymore. Other stuff that scares me includes slimy things (slugs…ugh!), dementia, and not being able to take care of myself and my loved ones.
6. What are the best and worst things about blogging? The best thing is being in touch with and learning about other people, other cultures, and other points of view. The worst is the amount of time it takes to put together a blog post and to visit other blogs. It takes me away from other things I would like to be doing and I haven’t yet worked out how to balance it all.
7. What was the last website you looked at? Picnik.
8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? See #3. That’s pretty much it.
9. Slankets — yes or no? No. I generate my own heat these days.
10. Tell us something about the person who tagged you. Well, she is a magical poet and wonderful photographer who always brightens up my day when I visit her blog.
The last part of this missive involves the tagging of five other bloggers on behalf of Mrs. Sparkly. My apologies up front if you’ve already been tagged. I normally skip the tagging part of these things, but just in case Mrs. Sparkly does happen to be a mean old toad, I figure I should play by the rules. So, I am tagging:
If you don’t have the time to do it, don’t worry about it. I know it can take time, and you may have something else you want to spend your time blogging about. Either way, have fun.
That’s it from the Bogs for today. M and I are going to take a late afternoon hike. You’re welcome to join us. It’s sunny, but a little chilly (not quite 40 degrees) so you probably want to bundle up. Hiking boots will probably do since the ground is finally starting to dry out (just in time for tomorrow’s rain).
Thanks for visiting!