AccoladesPosted: October 5, 2011
We have been gifted with a gorgeous autumn day. If there were awards for the top 10 days of the year, I think this day deserves one. At the very least, an honorable mention.
I took my walk early this morning. I stayed out for over two hours, not noticing the time at all as I was pulled from one beautiful sight to another. It felt as though time stood still, until I glanced at the clock on my cell phone and saw that time did what time usually does. It flew right by.
It was a misty morning. Everything was dripping and sparkling with dew.
I have recently been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award by some of my lovely blogmates. A big thank you to Marie from My Little Corner of Rhode Island, Adele at Artistry by Adele, and Judith at I Choose How I Will Spend the Rest of My Life for bestowing this honor upon me.
There are always rules for this sort of thing, and I always break the rules. I thought I’d give half the rules a try this time around. Just for something different.
I am supposed to tell you 7 little-known facts about me. The trouble is, I’m not sure there are 7 little-known facts about me (that I would be willing to share). How about 7 mostly-known facts about me that might not be known by those who are new to my blog?
1. I cannot answer the burning question: Beach or mountains? I like them both so much that I’d have to find a way to have both if I were suddenly gifted with the choice (and the money to follow up on that choice). I love long walks on the beach and long hikes in the mountains.
2. This is already starting to sound like a write-up for the personals so I should point out that I am not looking for a date or a soul-mate as I already have a soul-mate and we still like to go on dates with each other even after 35 years of marriage. I think that qualifies as telling you another fact about me. Number 2 it is.
3. I read a lot of sci-fi and fantasy, but I like all kinds of books. Of the books I’ve read this year, my favorites (so far) are Notes from a Small Island (Bill Bryson is always good for a fun read), The China Study: The Most Comprehensive Study of Nutrition Ever Conducted And the Startling Implications for Diet, Weight Loss, And Long-term Health (very informative in a life changing way), and Never Let Me Go (Movie Tie-In Edition) (Vintage International) (hard to describe; you’ll have to read it for yourself).
4. Synchronicity has been playing a big role in my life lately. Things I’ve been writing about in my morning pages are becoming a reality in some very good ways.
5. I have lost 6 lbs. since starting my yoga and food commitments. Today is day 10 of those commitments. The weight loss is a most enjoyable side-effect.
6. I did not swim in the pond this summer. It is the first summer since we bought the place that I haven’t gone for at least one swim. To be honest, I don’t really like swimming in the pond. It’s murky and I know what lurks beneath those murky waters. The swim platform has made it possible to go for a swim without wading through the muckiness of the shallow water, but I wasn’t sure about climbing the ladder when I finished swimming.
7. I worry too much about the silliest things. Next year I will swim in the pond. I bet it will be fun.
I am now supposed to give the award to 15 other bloggers, presumably 15 that I follow. This is where I break the rules. It has taken me so long to acknowledge and say thank you for my own award that I am fairly certain everyone I follow has gotten this or another award. If you haven’t, consider yourself awarded. Here you go:
Don’t forget to take your award with you when you leave. 🙂
That’s about it from the Bogs for today. I’ll leave you with a photo of a bird that stopped by while I was sitting under the purple maple tree this morning. I’m not sure what kind of bird he is, but I think he may be a bluebird (as his beak doesn’t look like that of an Indigo Bunting).
Thanks for dropping by and joining me on my daily walk around the pond. I know there are some birders out there who visit occasionally. If you could identify this bird for me, I’d very much appreciate it. 🙂