Bonus post: A recipePosted: July 13, 2009 Filed under: Earth, Fire, food, recipes | Tags: cauliflower, curry, potato 4 Comments
(Cauliflower and potato curry. Photo © 2009 by Robin)
A friend asked for this recipe. I can’t remember where I got it from, but figure I changed enough things to make it pretty much my own.
Cauliflower and Potato Curry
- 2 T. butter or ghee
- 1 t. mustard seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
- 1 large potato, peeled, diced
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 chili (jalapeno, serrano, or any hot chili provided you like things spicy or you can substitute red pepper flakes)
- 1 piece (1-inch long) ginger, peeled, chopped
- 1 t. each: garam masala, chili powder
- 1/2 t. turmeric
- 2 tomatoes, chopped, or 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, drained (reserve liquid)
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3/4 cup water and/or reserved juice from the canned tomatoes
- Cilantro, chopped, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Heat the butter or ghee in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mustard seeds, cover and cook until they pop (about 5-6 seconds). Add garlic, potato, onion, chili (jalapeno, etc.), ginger, garam masala, chili powder, and turmeric. Cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes. Add tomatoes and continue to cook and stir for another 1-2 minutes.
Lower the heat to medium and add the cauliflower. Cook, stirring often, for about 10 minutes. Add water and/or reserved juice from the tomatoes, and salt and pepper. Heat to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, partially covered, until the cauliflower is tender, 10-20 minutes. Sprinkle the cilantro on top when ready to serve.
The ideal spacePosted: July 13, 2009 Filed under: 365 Life in the Bogs Challenge, Adventures in art, Air, Earth, Fire, home, nature, Photography, Summer, water | Tags: pond, reflections, sunset 10 Comments
(061: July sunset. Photo © 2009 by Robin)
I think that the ideal space must contain elements of magic, serenity, sorcery and mystery.
~ Luis Barragan