(Goodyear Blimp over Cleveland last Sunday. All photos © 2009 by Robin)
I know I promised a post about our trip up to Cleveland last Sunday. This may be it if I have time to fit in everything I want to fit in. Or I may have to do it in two posts. Or come back tomorrow and start the first post.
Because, you see, there’s something else I want to write about first. It’s a mystery. A puzzle. A puzzle within a mystery. It’s, well, it’s all about the blog hits. The oddest thing has happened. Life in the Bogs has suddenly become popular for reasons I can’t fathom although I think I’m getting close to figuring it out. I have been getting almost 300 hits a day on this blog over the past 4-5 days. That is very unusual. My other blog comes pretty close to that during this time of year (due to searches for red-beet egg recipes), but I rarely see that sort of traffic here.
It also looks as though someone is reading all of my blog posts. Now, really. That has GOT to be incredibly boring. I can’t imagine why anyone would keep going after the first few posts. Whoever (whomever?) you are, I admire your fortitude. Thank you for stopping by and keeping old posts alive.
I have one other piece of blog business to attend to and then it’s on to Cleveland.
Back in March (March 23rd, to be exact), BiblioMom passed The Torch of Happiness to me. I don’t want the torch to go out so I’m going to have to pass it on to someone else. Thank you, BiblioMom, for thinking of me and my little old Life in the Bogs blog.
(Thank you, BiblioMom!)
Here are the rules:
The rules are that the recipient is to list six things that make him/her happy before subsequently passing forward the glee to others.
So, here goes. Six things that make me happy:
- Seeing the color come back with the spring. It’s green and yellow season here in the Bogs right now. The daffodils and forsythia are blooming, the trees are budding, and the grass is beginning to green-up.
- Pedicures, especially pedicures that are not rushed. (I had one this morning and my feet are very happy now.)
- Shrinking. I’ve been losing weight and the weight loss is making me feel much more comfortable in my body.
- Jasmine tea.
- A good book, the kind I don’t want to ever end.
- Sunny days. We get so many gray days here that a sunny one is always greatly appreciated.
This is not, of course, an all-inclusive list. Since it clearly stated “things” I did not include people (other than by implication in #2).
Here is the part where I get myself in trouble by awarding/tagging others. (Apologies in advance!) Passing forward the glee to:
- Amuirin at Stop & Wander
- UHDD at Uphilldowndale (Who knows me from Bountiful Healing, but may not know I hide out over here at Life in the Bogs, too.)
- Bo at Seeded Earth
- Anna and Preston at Surface & Surface Photography and Surface Reflections (Like me, they have multiple blog disorder.)
- Lea Kelley at Lea Kelley Saying Thank You For… (Lea Kelley, like UHDD, may not know about this blog either. Surprise!)
- Kel at the X facta
That was tough to do. There are so many wonderfully creative bloggers out there in the vast reaches of cyberspace. These are a few of my favorites.
That’s it for my allotted blog time for today. I hope to be back tomorrow with that trip to Cleveland.