Getting to know mePosted: February 2, 2008
1. Spell my name as it sounds: Rob-in (it’s one of those names that is already spelled the way it sounds)
2. Am I a worrier? I can be. Peri-menopausal hormone fluctuations brought out the worrier in me, big time, for a while, but that seems to be settling down a bit now.
3. What’s my favorite CD? This is a tough one because I like a lot of different music. Lately I’ve been enjoying James Morrison‘s Undiscovered. Amy Winehouse, Lily Allen, The Bird and the Bee, Bruce Springsteen, John Hiatt, and the Decemberists also come to mind. I’m not limited to those choices. Those are just what come to mind at the moment.
4. Favorite color(s)? Purple, purple, and more purple!
5. Does my home have an attic? Yes, and we plan to go up there soon and start clearing out the accumulation of stuff we’ve managed to collect.
6. Have I ever been to Canada? Yes. I’ve been to Niagara Falls twice (once as a child and once just a few years ago).
7. Have I ever gone fishing? Yes, several times. I could, if I wanted, go fishing now. Our pond has lots of bass and blue gills.
8. Have I ever been on a motorcycle? Yes. I used to ride dirt bikes when I was a tween and teen.
9. How much money do I have on me right now? I’m going to guess around $60 because that’s usually what I have in there. I’m too lazy to walk upstairs and check.
10. How many cars have I owned? Seven.
11. How many jobs have I had? A lot. I was around 9 years old when I first earned some money picking blueberries. A quick count brought me to 19. That has a lot to do with all the moving we’ve done over the years.
12. How tall am I? 5′3″
13. Last person to call me: My old boss, T, from the pharmacy where I last worked.
14. Last thing I yelled out loud: “Get down from there!!”
15. Last person I was in a car with: My husband.
16. Last time I ate at McDonald’s: I can’t even begin to guess. I’ve no idea, it’s been so long. Years!
17. Last thing I bought: A beer and an appetizer last night at Ray’s where my husband and I went for a pre-dinner drink.
18. Last person I saw: My husband and youngest son.
19. Last time I cried: I think it was Thursday over a sad part in a book I was reading.
20. Last time I laughed: At breakfast this morning.
21. What is the temperature outside? 29 degrees F.
22. What time of the day did I get married? Late afternoon on August 27, 1976.
23. What did I do two nights ago? Watched “Lost.”
24. Whose birthday is coming up next? My oldest son’s in March.
25. What time did I go to bed last night? Around 10:00pm. I wasn’t feeling well.
26. What was the first thing I thought this morning? I could sleep another hour or two.
27. What are my plans for this weekend? Clean, clean, and clean. I started with the kitchen this morning. I’ll probably do some laundry while I’m at it. And cook. I’m making a vegetarian jambalaya for dinner tonight, and that’s a labor-intensive dish.
28. Lemonade or iced tea? Iced tea. I live and run on iced tea.
29. What do I dislike at this moment? The mess my house is currently in.
30. What did I dream about last night? Oddly enough, I had a dream that I was visiting Alto2 in Florida. We went to the beach. That’s about all I remember.
31. What’s the last TV show I watched? Bill Moyer’s Journal last night.
32. What is my favorite piece of jewelry? A fire topaz necklace my husband gave me.
33. Am I a dancer? I used to be. Now I just dance around the house.
34. Have I ever cut my own hair? Once when I was about 11 years old I cut my own bangs. What a disaster!
35. What is my favorite treat? Jelly beans.
36. How many piercings/tattoos do I have? Like Alto2, I have pierced ears — one hole in each ear.
37. Where’s my favorite place to be? The Highlands of Scotland.
38. Is there someone I haven’t seen in a while and miss? Yes, quite a few old friends, as well as my granddaughter (who I can’t see enough).
39. Who was the last text I sent to? A friend in Philadelphia.
40. Do I care what strangers think about me? Nope. Not at all.
41. Last person I talked to on Instant Messenger: I don’t use IM. I’m not a fan of it.
42. Last person to make me cry: My mother, but that wasn’t her fault. I was worried about her.
43. Who can I tell anything to? My husband, my sister-in-law K, and my English Nutter friend.
44. What am I doing tomorrow? Cleaning some more.
45. Do I have alcohol in my home? Yes.
46. Do I like ketchup? I’m with Alto2 on this one too: Yes, but I like mustard better.
47. Do I think I will be on a vacation this summer? I hope so, but no plans have been made yet.
48. What color is my master bathroom? A light shade of color-washed purple.
49. Do I wear a bikini at the beach? Not since I was about 18 years old.
50. Have I ever been to the Grand Canyon? No. It’s on my list of places to go before I die.
51. What is my favorite fruit? Blueberries.
52. What did I really want to do today? Write.
53. Am I always cold? Rarely, very rarely. Usually only when I’m sick.
54. Does it annoy me when someone says they’ll call or text, but don’t? Yes, but not overly much unless it concerns something I’m worried about (for instance, when the kittens had their surgery and the receptionist failed to call when she said she would which caused me to worry that maybe something had gone wrong).
And now that I’ve finished that, I should go finish cleaning the kitchen.