Altered kitties

(Yesterday’s view of the pond.)

Yesterday was clear and sunny. It was also fantastically cold. We woke up to a temperature of 8 degrees. I think it got as warm as 16 later in the day. In the spirit of following the weather prognostications, that means March will be clear and sunny. I’m not sure how the temperature fits in.

It warmed up overnight. It was 21 when I rolled out of bed this morning. It’s a balmy 24 right now. Today’s weather forecast: Partly cloudy. I suppose that makes April a partly cloudy and warm month.

Not that I believe any of this, but I am curious as to how it will turn out.

Izzy and Bella are at the vet’s today being altered, fixed, desexed, spayed, or having an ovariohysterectomy. Take your pick of terms. I’m a little worried about it. It is major surgery, after all. But I also know it needs to be done, it’s a routine procedure, and it’s for the best. I should hear something from the vet’s office soon.

When I dropped of the kitties I was told I can pick them up this evening. After doing a bit of reading, I’m wondering if I shouldn’t ask to leave them overnight. Apparently they heal better/quicker if allowed to stay overnight, mostly because they’re kept confined. Anyone have any opinions or suggestions on this?